Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yippee! She is here.



Daily, I would wonder, is today the day? Tuesday night I was having stronger contractions than I have had, nothing regular. I couldn't sleep, anxious I guess, I knew this was the night. I got up went in the front room to watch tv for a while, I even told my daughter, who was doing homework on the computer when I got up, I was probably going to go into labor tonight. I just knew. around 1:00 am I was having more contractions still nothing regular, but I wanted to help them along so I got up and walked around the front room, nothing was happening so I went back to bed, this happened a few times, finally I think it was 1:45 my water broke not alot just a little so I got up to make sure I didn't just pee my pants, although I knew I hadn't cuz I just went a few min. earlier. so I nudged my husband, told him 'she wants to be born today'. While he got up, I got my things ready, the contractions were getting stronger and a longer but still not real steady. but hey my water broke right, they cant turn me away now. I sat on the bed waiting for Jake to be ready he asked if he had time to take a shower, I said sure a quick one, the contractions weren't great anyway. By the time we got to the hospital, the c's were more steady but still about 10 minutes apart, they got to 6 minutes when they called for the epidural, the nurse informed me she would call the doc. on call, that unless I waited til after 7:00 my doc. wouldn't deliver me,I wasn't happy. He heard I was there and came in just after 6:30 but told me he had to do a C-section and would hopefully be back before i delivered, C-sections start at 730 and take about an hour. the nurse checked me around 8:15 and I was ready, she went to see if my doc was done, he had just finished, one push later, Sophia was born at 8:30 weighing 7lbs. 10oz. she is beautiful.

5 comments:

Rebecka Jeffs said...

Congrats mama, She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jeannene!!! She is absolutely Beautiful!!!!
COngratulations on having your sweet baby girl!!!!!

The Baby Catcher said...

A great birth story Jeannene, she is SOOOOoo cute!

cynphil6 said...

Yay!! I am so glad everything went so well! We love you!

Kamie said...

Congrats Jeannene! She is beautiful and lucky to have you as her mommy!